Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Okay, okay...

..so I've been really lazy and haven't made an update for a month.

So, what's happened since my last post? I played with my volleyball team in the Business Games. We did better than last year - which wasn't hard considering we didn't win a set last year. In fact it was rather frustrating. If we'd got our heads in the game, and if it weren't for some bad reffing, we might have come second in our group, or even first.
But that's what sport's about so roll on next year!

The weekend after that I went up to Auckland for a few days for my mother's birthday. Wouldn't you know that she's 21 this year? No, really! Caught up with most of my Auckland friends and then flew from there to Queenstown.

We had our annual work conference in Queenstown this year. The last two conferences were in Rotorua so it was nice to finally see Queenstown. And what an amazing town it is. A huge blue lake nestled between mountains on all sides and with development at only one end. The conference sessions were so-so. As always they tend to focus more towards sales than delivery. However, it was great to catch up and relax with friends in a beautiful place.

Anyway, the next exciting thing is the concert on Thursday night. I just spent the last hour or so revising the songs and attempting to ensure they stay in my memory correctly. At my music teacher's suggestion I recorded my singing from memory and played it back with the sheet music. It's actually the first time I've done that and I'm not all the pleased. The bits that are supposed to be smooth and legato really rather aren't.
More work for me, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home