Sunday, March 04, 2007

Meridian Energy Gut Buster

Sometimes it's fun to prove how mad one can be. The Gut Buster's probably right up there. The course is from Karori up to Wright's Hill then even more up to the windmill before heading back down to Karori again. It's 11.8km, total elevation 400m.

It was also a lovely, lovely day. Bright and sunny with little, if any, wind. I didn't particularly intend to race it - 'twas more a glorified training run with lots of running buddies. As expected, it was fairly tough. I managed to run most of the way up to the windmill but then one of the steep sections along the sanctuary fenceline did me in and I had to start walking.

It may turn out to be my undoing but I'm considering doing most of my long runs for the marathon off road - it's a hell of a lot more interesting than going around the coast every single run.

Time?: You mean the time matters? Oh, alright, 1:26.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I've walked up that way with John. It's quite a nice route, although I was very glad to clamber onto a bus in Brooklyn for the rest of the way home and not crawl back to Karori.

5/3/07 14:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home