Wednesday, December 03, 2008

US Thanksgiving

Just a few days after I got to Vancouver I went down to Bellingham in Washington state to stay with my friend Bradley and his wife, Susan, for a few days.

It happened that my arrival coincided with Thanksgiving so it was nice timing. I volunteerd to cook pavlova. This used to be party dish. Whenever, during my adolesence, a party invite said bring a plate I'd bring pavlova. Most of these were to choir things so the choir got very used to my pavlovas.
However, for the very first time, my pavlova dropped flat. I blame the mechanical beater I was using - I must have crushed all of the air out of the egg whites.

It was a lovely trip. We had Thanksgiving dinner with Bradley, Susan and Susan's parents. Bradley had this very cool wireless meat thermometer to get the turkey cooked just right with. However, one turkey for 5 people was an aweful lot of turkey.

The next day we did a bit of a pub crawl through Bellingham and I tried a few brews. One bar, the Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro, had some very, very nice beers.

We also played a lot of Guitar Hero - Bradley clearly does this a lot because he was very good!

It was nice. Nice to be with friends in a place where I currently don't have any.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was a pleasure to have you over!

3/12/08 20:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home