Sunday, March 11, 2007

Healthy Food Journey #2: Fettuccine Carbonara

Healthy Food Guide March 2007, p62

This is a useful magazine but I didn't like this recipe. It uses light evaporated milk instead of cream and adds broccoli. It came out alright but I didn't think it was tasty enough for me.

I'm starting to think that I'm not a fan of creamy pasta sauces in general. When Brian was down here I had smoked salmon fettuccine at the Hotel Bristol - tolerable but nothing special. I've also tried other healthy versions of creamy pasta - using ricotta cheese and goats cheese and I didn't particularly like that either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ed its caroline im running a half m end of this month, an hour out of london somewhere. want to fit up and run a marathon in under 3:45 by aug so i can qualify for london m next april without having to ballot. will find you some nice recipes too i know a couple of vege treats just need to think what goes into them...

11/4/07 00:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home