Sunday, March 04, 2007

Healthy Food Journey: Salmon Pasta

I thought I'd start a new section. I've been finding and trying new recipes in an aim to find some that are healthy and tasty. It's surprisingly hard. So much of what we eat uses fat for taste so finding recipes that have lots of minerals and vitamins, a good amount of carbs and protein and maybe 30% fat by calorie is rather difficult. Having them be tasty is even harder. Hence: Journey of Recipes.

So, for recipe #1, from Runners World: Salmon and Edamame Pasta. Unfortunately, I can't find any edamame (soy beans) in Wellington so I make it without. Wholemeal penne can be found at the Mediterannean Food Warehouse or Commonsense Organics. The method of cooking salmon ends up coming up devine. The salmon itself is high in fat but it's very useful heart healthy fat.

Because most of the recipes I've been trying use fresh herbs. They're rather expensive at the supermarket so I've just planted a herb garden. I've got basil, coriander, sage, oregano, chives, thyme, rosemary and a bay tree. I even bought some catnip for my cat Sammy. Predictably he went rather silly over it rubbing it all over with his chin. He almost killed it before I could get it in the ground!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home