Thursday, December 08, 2005

Two results for the price of one

Alrighty then, let's get to it. Had a sprint(ish) distance triathlon on 20 November. 600m swim, 24km cycle, 5km run. Fairly easy distance, in fact it marks the 1 year anniversary of the start of my triathlon career (such as it is). Quite nice to come full cycle and do twice the distance I started at.
I did rather stuff up the start a bit. While I did get in the water before the start and attempt to get nice and cold I clearly didn't do enough because the first 100m of the swim were very difficult as my breathing paralysed because of the cold. A little bit of dog paddle and finally things got underway properly. All rather frustrating because by the time I finished the swim I finally got my technique flowing nicely.
Got kicked in the cycle as normal and had an okay run.
Final result: 2nd to last in Open Men with a total time of 1:42:57. T1 exit at 17:35 and T2 exit at 1:42:57.

Last weekend I did the very first Scorching Triathlon. I did the sprint distance option (swim 500m, cycle 20km, run 5km) because I was so not prepared for standard distance. Felt a bit slack about it but that's life. Results here. I was rather pleased with it actually. I was in a really good position coming out of the swim and managed to stay roughly there through the cycle. Sure I got passed a bit but not too much so I was still doing okay coming into the run. Since this is normally my best discipline it was quite nice to start running people down. Had one guy who was staying on my tail through most of the run until I got past the final turnaround, upped the tempo on him and dropped him... Nice feeling... Final result: well into the middle of the pack with a total time of 1:27:04. Splits of 12:06, 48:25 and 26:34.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home