Sunday, December 11, 2005

Narnia, Hitch and other stuff

Had a great night on Friday night. Went round to Kush and Justin's place and simply had a nice relaxed time. It was nice to be able to drink quietly without having a race in the morning as well as just relaxing with friends.
We watched Hitch on DVD. It's an ok movie. Fairly pleasant watching with Will Smith doing his normal funny thing.

Saturday night we went to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I was quite surprised at how good it was. The acting from the kids was quite believable, the emotional highs and lows of the film actually worked even when you know what is about to happen. The bloodless battles were rather strange and the thing that rather bugged me was the tactics in the final battle. The defending troops had picked their battle ground (good) and had a nice steep hill behind them (even better). They then proceeded to setup their lines in the flat in front of the hill instead of getting on the hill itself. Sure they they then retreted up the hill but in a real battle they wouldn't have gotten that chance as they would have been cut down in the retreat. If they'd stayed on the hill they would have been able to funnel the attackers into a small space pick them off one by one.
Oh and why the hell was the attack led by the cavalry? Keep them in reserve and use them to outflank the enemy and cut them to pieces.

Had an interesting experience on my Saturday long run (12km this week). Met up with a guy doing exactly the same thing and we ended up doing the run together. Random... It was rather hot with full sun and a very slight northerly. I think I might have gotten slightly dehydrated because I started getting the chills up the back of my neck. Not good.

Which makes me think of some more useful present ideas (if anyone needs any more - but these are cheaper). A nice Orca run cap would be great for keeping the sweat out of my eyes. Tends to sting quite a lot... The other really useful thing would be a Fuelbelt. These useful things attach a number of bottles to a comfortable belt so that you can carry your water while you're running. The Endurance 4 bottle version is the one I'm after. Looks I'd take a large size (hmm, that makes me feel fat).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home